226 E. 14th St., 4P
New York, NY 10003
President and Founder of Appsurg a data driven company in New York
Brooklyn, New York
Mobile Business Development Associate/CPI Manager
October 2011-October 2012
• Ran the cost per install (CPI) program at a mobile advertising startup. Responsibilities included selling CPI to very large
app developers, managing CPI clients, building CPI ads and pushing campaigns live on a large network of mobile inventory,
monitoring live campaigns, analytically determining where to run and place specific CPI ads and coordinating with the
technology team to improve the product.
• Helped set up server to server tracking for each CPI campaign, enabling clients to monitor the progress of their campaigns.
• Managed an email list of over five million subscribers to promote CPI advertisements. Intensively analyzed data from each
send and strategically optimized the email program through A/B testing and list targeting to increase conversion rates.
• Acquired mobile inventory by prospecting potential Android and iOS developers to use the Pontiflex Mobile SDK.
• Translated the Pontiflex Mobile SDK from English into German.
Chess Without Borders
Co-Founder and President
• Founded an award winning, non-profit chess program that has chess clubs in over 30 schools and helped raise over $75,000
for various charitable organizations worldwide through the organization.
• Co-authored, marketed, and designed an award winning children’s chess book Chess! Lessons From a Grandmaster with the
2008 US Chess Champion. The book has sold over 3,500 copies to date.
• Created an interactive version of Chess! Lessons from a Grandmaster for the iPad.
New York, NY
Business Development/Product Marketing intern
July 2011-September 2011
• Ran business development at a three person online startup company. Daily work included finding and contacting potential
clients through networking, cold calling and cold emailing, researching competitors and maintaining relationships with
• Analyzed user engagement data and worked with the CTO to improve the product.
Jefferies & Company, Inc.
Short Hills, NJ
High Yield Research Analyst
• Built financial valuation models for over 50 companies; including restaurant, movie theater and retail companies. These
models were used by a senior analyst to write bond hold recommendations.
• Analyzed quarterly and yearly earnings reports and participated in quarterly company earnings calls including a $2.5 billion
dollar entertainment company.
B.A. in Linguistics, 3.63 GPA, Cum Laude
• Coursework Includes: Statistics, Multi-Variable Calculus, Linear Algebra, Computer Science, German
• Studied abroad at the Freie Universität in Berlin, Germany
Computer: HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, Visual Basic, WordPress, Bloomberg
Highly proficient in German
Won first out of 145 participants at the 2006 North American Open Chess Tournament in Las Vegas, NV
Won the Prudential Spirit of Community Award for being the top high school volunteer in Illinois
Finalist for the Chicago Innovation Award 2009